GM

Census Status : 316

Citizen Records
Level: 1
Faction:: $?
Achievemeter::
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: So.. Here's the deal.   Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:12 am

I have 3 different versions of this game.  I am wondering which version you guys would be interested in playing.  

The one I like the most is the following.

The 'Another Universe' Version - So, InterCity is about two alternate universes merging together.  But what if in another alternate world, a different version of the 'fantasy world' merged with Earth.  How differently would things happen?  Would the same people be born? Would the heroes be the villains and vice versa?  This would give returning players a chance to make the same character but play a different version of them.  The cool thing about this world; is that it would be more about alternate dimensions than the original IC was.  I also have an amazing Storyline planned if enough of the old IC'ers return.  InterCity still exists in this world.. but it is not what we know it as.  The game takes place in San Francisco instead of Los Angeles, in SANCTUM.  

The 'Sequel' Version - Basically, it took place 100 years after InterCity The Game happened.  InterCity was destroyed and a new city is being built in its spot.  Obviously, some of the characters would be dead.  

The 'Reboot' Version - The same game.  We can either start where the original IC started.  Or right where it left off.

- George Bernard Shaw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Entrak
Forum Rank Zero: Street Rat

Census Status : 9

Citizen Records
Faction::
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: So.. Here's the deal.   Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:24 am

I think that for most, the reboot version will be hard to return to, as their characters are no longer there as they remember them.

For instance, having to start Entrak, the mage, at level 1, without the gear, spells and abilities that made Entrak.. Well.. Entrak, is a bit weird, as the stories of how he aquired them, the memories of how the usage of everything was done.. would be gone.

It was also in a time when my knowledge of english was.. subpar, making all the rather.. odd descriptions and actions no longer applicable.

I can start Entrak anew, but it would no longer be Entrak of Intercity, as the story would go elsewhere, making the new Entrak a whole new person, with a new set of gear, spells and abilities, new friends and new enemies. He would also probably be wastly more powerful, as the knowledge of the rules and items would be quite differently applied.

As I see it.. Entrak as people remember him, is but a fragment of an imagination long ago, lost in the transcendence of age, wisdom and time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GMortimer
GM
GM

Citizen Records
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: So.. Here's the deal.   Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:20 pm

That's deep..

Well.. I went ahead and started writing The Redux Version. The 'Another Universe'. You can read about it in The Archives on the site.

Instead of fusing with Jenjara.. The Earth of Intercity merged with another fantasy realm. But this fantasy world had things similar to Jenjara.

The main difference this time around.. is that the game will now take place in San Francisco.. now called SANCTUM.

I plan on running a few storylines.. When enough IC'ers show up. That show what happened to InterCity. I came up with a pretty neat ending to the game of InterCity. And it ends with a handful of players.. 'Entrak and Spark' among them.. being pulled into the dimension where SANCTUM exists.. I think I made Entrak become stuck in his dragon form and he will be an NPC.. Whereas Spark, failed to return home back to InterCity and instead became a member of the Church of Light in this game. And Spark was the son of Nomad of the COL who exists in a form in this world as well.. just under a different name. So Spark will be born again.

Spark from InterCity = Ashford in SANCTUM.

The main divergence point is after The Great War story in InterCity's history. After that.. We're just going to do our own thing. A lot of the same characters, groups, factions and places exist.. they just have different names.

Connor Massey also got pulled through. And being the Gunslinger that he is.. Started the Order of Gunslingers in this game. So there will be the Sons of Seltec and Massey's Sect 'better name coming soon'.

I plan on doing this with a handful of characters. If you don't want me to do it with Entrak. Just let me know. Or if you can think of something cooler to do.

And you won't be starting at Level 1. Any returning IC'er will get a 3 Level Jump to Level 4. Or a 2 Level Jump +$2500.

- George Bernard Shaw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Entrak

Census Status : 9

Citizen Records
Faction::
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: So.. Here's the deal.   Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:01 pm

If the others wish to partake in your chosen line, I'm game.

When and if I have the time. Work and family and all that..

GMortimer
GM
GM

Citizen Records
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: So.. Here's the deal.   Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:42 am

If you or any others wish to play your IC character.  A simple storyline of them being sucked into this dimension can be written..

This is just what I was going with.. Because I didn't know if anyone would ever show up.  

You can even use the same character and name Entrak.. I will just make the other Entrak stuck in his dragon form and go under a different name.

Like I did with Spark.. and Ashford will never acknowledge that he is an older Spark from a different dimension.  But Nomad existed in this universe as well, a different name.. but same guy.  So Spark was born.. kidnapped.. cloned.. I will just be playing a different clone.

Another example, Connor Massey also traveled to another dimension in the storyline with Entrak, Spark and a few others.  In this universe.. he grew old and was one of the first Gunslingers in this dimension.  And he changed his name to Cort Massey.. And so if Connor ever shows up and wants to play his own character.  I will change the names if he so desires.. Or play a descendant of himself.  So in fact, Connor would be playing a version of Connor who is in fact the great great grandson of... himself. Oh no, I've gone cross-eyed.

- George Bernard Shaw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrownHorse

Census Status : 8

PostSubject: Re: So.. Here's the deal.   Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:00 pm

FYI I'm available most nights from 5-9 pm CSTish. Schedule opens up completely after the 19th of this month. Back to college at the end of September, so it'll change again then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So.. Here's the deal.   

Back to top Go down

So.. Here's the deal.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1